Food has been sourced, prepared, cooked and served to the boys and staff of Eton College from its foundation in 1440 until the present day. Eton has the second-oldest working kitchen in England, and College Kitchen and College Hall have been operating for the purpose of placing meals on the tables in the same spaces for over 500 years. This exhibition examines and illustrates the serving of food at Eton through the centuries using objects and records from the College Collections.
Open on Sunday afternoons: free admission, no tickets required.
This month there are further openings on the following dates. Reserve your free place through Windsor Festival.
- Monday 20th September 5-7pm
- Tuesday 21st September 2-4pm
- Wednesday 22nd September 10am-12pm
- Thursday 23rd September 6:30 – 8pm. SOLD OUT
- Monday 27th September 5-7pm
- Tuesday 28th September 2-4pm
- Wednesday 29th September 10am-12pm