The Friends of the Eton College Collections was formed in 1991 for people with a shared interest in the extraordinary and internationally significant archives, art, library and museum holdings of the College Collections.
By becoming a Friend, you will assist in protecting, preserving and adding to these collections. Your support will also help to ensure that this heritage remains open to the widest possible audience and continues to inspire learning and research.
Benefits of membership include:
- Events – access to a wide-ranging programme of members-only events, including expert talks and visits
- Exhibitions – invitations to special views
- Collections Journal – discover more with your subscription delivered to your door twice a year
- Updates – keep up with news from the collections with regular e-bulletins
Annual subscription to the Friends is £30, or £140 for five years.
For further information please email us or write to:
Friends of the Eton College Collections, Eton College, Windsor, SL4 6DW
members of the Friends
We hold at least three special events for Friends every year. Recent events have included:
- Expert talk and display on 19th-century actor and theatre-manager Charles Kean
- Curator’s lecture and introduction to the special exhibition Death and the Doctor
- Visit to Lambeth Palace Library
It was a terrific evening … so interesting. It was also lovely to be able to catch up with a few old and new friends beforehand.Friend of the College Collections
Support for Acquisitions and Conservation
Acquisitions and conservation projects made possible by the Friends in recent years include:
- Acquisition of Victorian silver plaques depicting Eton scenes, given by Old Etonians to actor-manager Charles Kean in 1859 in celebration of his career
- Commission of new candlesticks for Eton College Chapel by a leading contemporary silversmith
- Conservation of Odoardo Fialetti’s vast view of Venice (1611)