The Clap for our Carers tribute takes place at 8pm every Thursday, encouraging everyone in the UK to applaud the NHS and all key workers from their doorsteps, windows or balconies. People have also been showing their support by sharing rainbows in inventive displays in windows, gardens and more.
We’ve been chasing rainbows across the collections as a small way of showing our support, and we hope you enjoy this rainbow gallery:
This gallery of rainbow-themed images and collected objects includes:
- A rainbow of ‘Eckstein Elephants’, a colourful collection of elephant shaped geological specimens from the Natural History Museum, such as http://collections.etoncollege.com/object-nhm-ee-17-2015
- A cropped snapshot from the William Evan’s watercolour View of River with Eel Nets, Fisherman, Church and Rainbow http://collections.etoncollege.com/object-fda-d-785-2013
- A rainbow presentation of shabti figures (Ancient Egyptian funerary figurines) in the Museum of Antiquities such as http://collections.etoncollege.com/object-ecm-398-2010
- A photograph of a rainbow over Eton College Chapel (taken by M.T. Phillips)
- A collation of colourful boat flags from the Museum of Eton Life, including http://collections.etoncollege.com/object-mel-623-10-2010
The title for this post is taken from The Rainbow, by the poet Thomas Campbell (1777-1844), which you can read in full at https://www.bartleby.com/371/89.html.